Now that we are in the heat of the moment...summer, I wanted to share my current favorite five beauty products with you.
1. BB Cream- Currently, I use Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector in medium/deep. I've been using this bb cream for quite sometime now and every time I buy something different, I end up coming back to this. A little goes a very long way. When I first used this product, I applied too much and didn't like it at all. But when I use just a pearl size amount or less, it really gets the job done with coverage and has an SPF of 20 for oily/combination skin. I set it with a powder and depending on my day, it does a good job of lasting 8 hours. There are multiple bb creams from Garnier dependent on your skin type. I have yet to try the other types though, and the price is pretty affordable at around $10-$15.
2. Mascara- I used to love Victoria Secret's mascara and still do. However, it's hard for me to make it to the mall when I run out. So I have converted to a drug store brand which is Maybelline's Lash Sensational. I am really impressed by this mascara. This mascara is really comparable to that of a department store, possibly even better. Its price point is around $7-$10. It doesn't flake or smudge and really separates and lengthens lashes. I even wore it during Bikram yoga on accident and it didn't budge. The room was 105 degrees! I am super impressed by this mascara.
3. Lipstick- I love Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine. It is very moisturizing and has a beautiful color payoff. The only thing is, they go for $36 a pop. I can go through these lipsticks pretty quick if I'm not mindful about being conservative during application. But again, the consistency and formula of these lipsticks are really moisturizing, thin, and smooth. Current colors I'm enjoying are Flirt, Bonheur, and Monte-Carlo. The smell is quite nice too and reminiscent of a rose. The packaging is also another element I enjoy with its sleek black packaging and Chanel logo on the cap. Who couldn't use a bit more glamour in their life? Even if just for a second?
4. Hair- When it comes to hair most times, I try to keep it simple because I'm much too busy to blow dry and curl my hair everyday. So when I'm fresh out the shower, I like to smooth Organix Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco in it and let it air dry. I even apply this pre-blow dry for days I do my hair. Basically, I apply this all the time. I usually pay around $5 to $8 for this little concoction. The smell is quite delicious and slightly fruity but not overpowering. When my hair air dries it has a nice little wave to it and with this oil, my frizzes are eliminated. Plus, I feel like with the moisturizing ingredients of this product, I'm doing something healthy for my hair. Could all be in my head but it makes me feel good and that's all that matters, right? Oh and a dime size amount is all you need for damp hair.
5. Nails- I've tried lots of nail polish brands. The one I found that stood up best against chips is Essie. I love their color selection and their fast drying top coat, "Good to Go!" Most fast drying top coats I found would become thick and sticky which makes it difficult to apply and a waste of something expensive. Essie polishes can run from $8 to $10. Same with their fast drying top coat. A classic color and one of my favorites to try is Sugar Daddy for those hesitant of color.
So there you have it my current favorite five beauty products. Thanks for reading and have a beautiful day loves!
A little about me...
I'm learning how to look at everything with love, even if it seems impossible, like rush hour traffic. I want to share my journey of self-love so that others may want to emulate and pass it on into the universe. Ohh...and sometimes people call me Suzie.